You see festivals in India are never really whole without sweets. Now because you are on keto, this doesn’t mean you need to miss out on the sweetness. Our personal favorite Keto Saffron Barfi is a great replacement for all those complex calories as it includes a negligible amount of carbohydrates and toils your sweet tooth so you can enjoy it without feeling guilty.
Amongst the various advantages of coconut consolidate its antioxidant characteristics, its ability to control blood pressure, and lower triglycerides. Being furthermore abundant in fiber and minerals (potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and nutrients E, C, and B). Added essential ingredient of this procedure is saffron, an ingredient popularly used in our kitchen to give color and flavor to dishes. However, this flavoring, which is extracted from the flowers has various remedial characteristics.
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut (130 g)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (320 ml)
- 40g ghee(3.5 oz)
- 4 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp cardamom powder/ Elaichi powder
- 10-20 saffron threads
- Optional: top with chopped almonds
- Add coconut and 300 ml coconut milk in a bowl and mix it together properly. Now keep this mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Now add the remaining 20 ml coconut milk; add the saffron threads and the erythritol to the above mixture and mix it properly for the erythritol to melt.
- Next, heat a pan and ghee to it, and then add the coconut mixture. Keep stirring continuously to ensure the mixture does not stick to the surface below while keeping the flame at low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Now dd the Elaichi/cardamom powder to the pan and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Get a baking tray of 16 cm. Butter the tray.
- Sever the mixture evenly on the tray, up to 1 cm thick.
- Shear with chopped almonds and gently press them in.
- Now freeze it for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Cut the barfi into small squared or in any other shape of your liking.
- Freeze for up to 5 days or if too soft, or for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Total Calories- 130 kcal
Protein – 2.3g
Net carbs- 2g