A vegetarian low-carb diet is a diet that is low on carbohydrates, such as sugary foods, pasta, and bread. And includes more veg options for the people. And it is high in protein, very less fat and healthy vegetables.
The choice of your food option should depend on how healthy you are, how much you exercise, and how much weight you have to lose. What is your main goal, how much time it takes to achieve your goal.
Foods to eat in vegetarian low carb diet
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and others; grass-fed is best.
- Seafood: Salmon, trout, haddock, and many others; wild-caught fish is best.
- Poultry: Omega-3-enriched or pastured eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, beans, carrots, and many others.
- Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, papaya, strawberries.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, etc.
- High-fat dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
- Fats and oils: coconut oil butter, desi ghee, olive oil, and fish oil.
Foods to avoid in vegetarian low carb diet
Sugars: Soft drinks, fruit juices, candies, ice cream.
Cereals & Millets: Wheat, rice, barley, and rye, as well as bread, cereal, and pasta.
Trans or bad fats: Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
Low-fat products: Dairy products, cereals, or crackers.
Highly processed or preserved foods
Foods to eat in moderation
When your goal is not weight loss, you can add and eat a few more carbs.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and some others.
- Grains: Brown rice, oats, quinoa, and many others.
- Pulses & Legumes: Lentils, black beans, pinto beans, etc. (if you can tolerate them).
Also, you can have the following in moderation, if you want:
- Dark chocolate: Choose organic brands with at least 70% of cocoa.
- Wine: You can choose dry wines with no added sugar or carbs