Marinade for chicken:
. Chicken breast pieces 150 gram
· Curd/Yogurt- 50gms
· Chili powder 1 and a 1/2 tsp.
· Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp.
· Cinnamon powder: 1/4 tsp.
· Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp.
· Zatar (Middle Eastern spice: will be available in Nature’s Basket): 1 tsp.
· A pinch of nutmeg
· Crushed ginger and one pod of garlic.
· Marinating is the key. Mix all of this in the chicken and coat it well and let it sit for 2-3 hours.
Either grilled if you have that option or cook in a pan with some ghee/ coconut oil. Don’t over cook it. The piece will still be succulent if tossed properly.
Sauce: 80 ml fresh mixed with a dash of olive oil and chopped fennel leaves. Add salt to taste, mix well.
Refrigerate the same.
· Note: Cheese spread can also be used instead of cream.
Thinly slice some cabbage and lettuce and shred the chicken. Add the sauce and give it all a good mix. Now take a lettuce leaf, place it all on the leaf and enjoy your meal.
Macros: (excluding the sauce)
Protein: 36.3 g
· Fats: 3.5 g
· Carbs: 2.3 g