* Chicken: 75 grams (boneless)
* Onion: 1/2, thinly sliced (can use 1 onion if on low carb)
* Ginger: 1/2 inch piece, peeled and chopped
* Garlic: 4-5 cloves, peeled and chopped
* Tomato: 1/4, chopped (can use 1/2 a tomato if on low carb)
* Salt to taste
* Garam Masala: 1 tsp.
* Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp.
* Chicken tikka Masala: 2 tsp.
* Kasuri Methi: 1/2 tbsp. (optional)
* Full Fat cream: 2 tbsp.
* Butter: 10 grams
* Water: As needed
- * In a mixing bowl, add in the Chicken pieces ½ tsp. garam masala 1 tsp. tikka masala and 1/2 tsp. chili powder. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces. Keep aside.
- * In a wok/pan, heat 5 gm. butter. Once hot, add in the ginger, garlic and onions and sauté until slightly browned.
- * Now add in the tomatoes. Add the remaining 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. garam masala and 1 tsp. tikka masala. Mix well and cook until the masala gets darker in color and the tomatoes are mushy.
- * Take it off flame and let the masala cool.
- * Now in a non-stick pan, heat another 5 gm. butter. Add the chicken pieces and cook both sides until nicely browned. Take them off flame and keep aside.
- * Now when the masala has cooled down, add it in the blender with 3-4 tbsp. water and blend it to a smooth paste.
- * Add in this paste to the wok and add the browned chicken. Mix well.
- * Then add the kasuri methi, the cream and a bit of water (about 1/4th cup). Mix well and cook until the gravy comes to consistency of your choice!
Note: This dish should be avoided in the initial weeks of keto. You can have this easily one your body is well adapted with keto.
* Fat: 20.2 g
* Protein: 17.9 g
* Carbs: 6.3 g