- * Basmati Rice: 60 gm. (uncooked)
- * Soya chunks: 30 gm.
- * Spinach: 100 gm.
- * Yoghurt: 50 gm.
- * Paneer: 25 gm.
- * Ginger and garlic: 1 tbsp., grated
- * Mint leaves: A few
- * Ghee/coconut oil: 5 gm.
- * Saffron: a few strands
- * Moti elachi: 1
- * Jeera/Cumin seeds: ½ tsp.
- * Green Cardamom: 2
- * Jawetri: 1
- * Cinnamon: 2inch long piece
- * Bay leaves: 3
- * Laung/Cloves: 2
- * Salt to taste
- * Red chili to taste
- * Garam masala /biryani masala: 2 tsp.
- * Food color
* Soak rice for 30 minutes.
* Boil water in a vessel with salt and add all the whole garam masala (moti elaichi,
cardamom, jawetri, cinnamon, bay leaf, laung) except jeera and add soaked and
* Partially cook them, drain excess water n keep aside. Marinate boiled soya
chunks with yoghurt, salt, red chili, and garam masala/biryani masala.
* In a pan add ghee/coconut oil and add jeera. Once it crackles add grated ginger n
* Sauté, now add chopped spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Add soya chunks with
the remaining marinade, cover n cook for 10 minutes.
* Now add a few crushed mint leaves and some water bring it to a boil. Take out
half of this gravy in a separate bowl.
* Now put a layer of boiled rice on the left over gravy. Top it with the separated
gravy and then the last layer of rice.
* Garnish it with some grated paneer, Coriander leaves, ginger juliennes, saffronsoaked water, and a pinch of food color.
* Cover n cook for last 8-10 minutes. Enjoy biryani while on diet.
* Fat: 10 g
* Carbs: 31.6 g
* Protein: 19.3 g