* Cauliflower/Gobi: 80 gm.
* Finely chopped onion: 10 gm.
* Finely chopped bell peppers: 10 gm.
* Butter: 1/2 tsp.
* Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp.
* Heeng/Asafetida: A pinch
* Curry leaves: 4-5
* Garam Masala: 1/3 tsp.
* Chili powder: 1/3 tsp.
* Sambar masala: 1/3 tsp. (this is optional, I like that masala so used it, u can use
any other of your choice)
* Water as needed
* Grate the cauliflower with a hand grater or a food processor (of course wash the
* Now heat the butter in a pan. Add mustard seeds, heeng and curry leaves. Let it
* Then add the onions, bell peppers and grated cauliflower. Mix well and cook for
about 3-4 minutes.
* Then add salt, chili powder, garam masala, sambar masala and mix well.
* By this time it would look really dry, sprinkle some water and mix well (only
sprinkle, don’t go overboard with the water).
* Repeat this step whenever the upma seems too try. Cook it until the cauliflower
is soft. Serve hot!
* Protein: 1.6 g
* Carbs: 2.5 g
* Fat: 4.1 g