* Rice: 60 gm.
* Sour curd: 50 gm.
* Salt to taste
* Mustard seeds: ½ tsp.
* Cumin seeds: ½ tsp.
* Curry leaves: A few
* Green chilies: 2
* Ginger: ½ inch
* Ghee: 5 gm.
* Eno/ soda: 1 tbsp.
* White til/sesame seeds (optional)
* Turmeric powder: ½ tsp.
* Hing: A pinch
* Soak rice for an hour and grind it along with curd and ginger.
* Let it be coarse n granulated. Don’t make smooth batter otherwise the dhokla
will not come out good n fluffy.
* Add salt n keep for fermenting 2-3 hrs. (I kept it in a preheated oven).
* Heat water in a wok. Grease a plate with ghee. Add eno/soda to the batter n mix
very gently. Add little water if needed.
* Pour the batter on the plate and steam it for 10-15 minutes on high flame n let it
rest for 2-3 more minutes in steam after switching off flame.
* Take out. Cut desired shape. Temper mustard, cumin, curry leaves, green chili,
white til, turmeric powder, and hing in the ghee. Spread over the dhokla n enjoy
with tangy tomato chutney.
* Fat: 6.2 g
* Protein: 7 g
* C: 49.2 g