* Flax seeds: 15 gm. (grind and make flour)
* Almonds: 10 gm. (grind and make flour)
* Husk: 1 Tbsp. (grind it to convert it into powdered form)
* Butter: 5 gm.
* Salt and Red chili powder to taste
* Oregano and Mixed Italian herbs of your choice
* Garlic powder: ½ tsp.
- * Tomato: 1 small
- * Big green chili /jalapeño: 1
- * Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- * Stevia: half sachet
- * Salt to taste
- * Red chili powder to taste
- * Oregano: ½ tsp.
- * Olive oil: 5 gm
* Mix all the dry ingredients for nachos in a bowl.
* Heat butter in a pan and add the mixture. Roast it for 2 minutes. Now add half a
glass of water and give it a boil.
* It will become thick like cookie batter. Grease a microwave safe plate and take
one spoon of batter and spread on it.
* With the help of your hands spread it in a triangle shape. Do the same with the
rest of the batter.
* Microwave for 3 min. With the help of knife flip it and microwave for another
minute or till it turns crisp. You can make about 7-8 big size nachos from this.
* For salsa, grease the chili with a little oil and Char it (grill it on the gas). Now
repeat it with garlic cloves.
* Once they cool down remove the skin with your hands and chop them.
* Put oil in a pan n add chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes and add garlic and
* Season with salt, chili, oregano, and stevia and mix well. Add little water and
cook till tomatoes are soft.
* Remove from heat. Chunky tomato salsa is ready. You can blend it if you don’t
like your salsa chunky. The total yield is around 100g of salsa with the above mentioned quantity so you can use within macros.
Macros for nachos:
* Fat: 18 g,
* Carbs: 3.4 g
* Protein: 6.6 g
Macros for 100g Salsa:
* Fat: 5 g,
* Carbs: 8 g,
* Protein: 3 g
For loaded nachos:
- * Nachos – 4
- * Salsa: 15 gm.
- * Olives: 5 gm.
- * Jalapeños: A few
- * Amul cheese cube: 1, grated
- * Cheddar cheese: 25 gm. (optional), grated
- * Oregano to sprinkle
Break nachos in bite size pieces and place half of them on a plate.
Top it with grated cheese cube, olives, jalapeños and salsa sauce. Now place remaining
half on top of this and add grated Cheddar cheese. Season it with oregano and
microwave for a few seconds so that cheese melts. Yummy nachos are ready. They were
not as crisp as actual ones but crisp enough to substitute.
Macros for this serving:
* Fat: 35 g
* Carbs: 4.4 g
* Protein: 14.3 g