* Rice: 40 grams (weigh uncooked)
* Mix Veg of your choice: 50-60 grams (bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, spring
onions, zucchini, etc.)
* Yogurt: 1 tbsp.
* Pulao Masala: 1 n half tsp.
* Bay leaf (tej patta): 1
* Cardamom: 2
* Cinnamon stick: 1
* Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
* Water: double the amount of rice. (Depending on the quality of the rice, might
* Salt to taste
* 1 onion, thinly sliced
* Ghee: 1 tbsp
- * Wash the rice properly 2-3 times. Drain the water and keep aside.
- * In a rice pot, heat the ghee (I don’t usually cook my rice in pressure cooker, but you can do that too).
- * Add in the sliced onions and sauté till browned and slightly crisp. Once done, take them out in a tissue paper, keep aside to garnish later.
- * In the remaining ghee, add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon, let them crackle.
- * Then add in the mix vegetables and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. (I have added some grated carrots too).
- * Add the pulao masala and the yogurt and mix well.
- * Now add in the washed rice, water and salt and cook on a medium flame until the rice is done and the water evaporates (if using pressure cooker, cook until 2 whistles) .
- * Once done, garnish with the fried onions and some spring onions on top!
* Carbs: 37 g
* Fat: 15 g
* Protein: 4 g