- * Rice: 40 gm.
- * Arhar dal: 40 gm.
- * Chopped veggies (brinjal, tomato, onion, cauliflower)
- * Hing: 2 pinches
- * Curry leaves
- * Red chilies: 2
- * Ghee: 10 gm.
- * Salt to taste
- * Sambhar powder: 2 tsp.
- * Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
- * Garlic powder: 1 tsp.
- * Lemon juice: 1 tbsp.
* Mix and soak rice and dal for 30 minutes.
* Heat ghee in rice cooker. Crackle mustard seeds. Add Curry leaves, chilies, and
hing and sauté for a while.
* Add onion and fry for half a minute. Add other veggies n sauté for 2 minutes.
* Add sambhar powder. Mix it well and add rice and dal.
* Add water up to the consistency u want for your khichdi. Add salt and garlic
powder and cook.
* If using pressure cooker, cook for 2-3 whistles. Later while eating, add lemon
juice. (A substitute for tangy tamarind)
* Enjoy simmering khichdi. You can tamper with more ghee while eating.
* Fat: 9.2 g
* Carbs: 31.2
* Protein: 4.5 g